Thursday 31 May 2007

Eval

I feel I have completed the task extremely well, a lot of the website I spent a lot of time on my own trying to figure out and I am really glad that I have done this, as this has developed my skills in understanding HTML as I have begun to edit the entire site from code rather than on dream weaver, repairing links when people have said they are broken, and adding more information.

After completing my site, I began to realize during the process of uploading it that I really needed too order my files correctly and separate my Photoshop files and my html/jpeg files, this would make the whole process of uploading the images a seamless process.
One aspect I would definitely change of my website is the position of it, I would prefer it to be more central as it seems to stray a little over to the left, and this makes the page look like there is more too it than there is.
The update section also needs to be changed, I want to put a header above it that is a graphic that highlights it’s the ‘news section’ and then put a background within the DIV tag scroll bar, I have begun to scan in lined paper with splats of ink on it, as I feel this part looks a little bare in comparison to the rest of the site.
Another aspect that I am thinking of changing is adding words over the video section which some up each individual video as I am not entirely sure if it communicates well enough that each thumbnails is a video, this has not come up during audience testing most people complained about the double click option I put on everything, this really did throw people off and people said it didn’t work, I rectified this which resulted in viewers being extremely happy with the way the site runs.
In the contact section I am still undecided as too what to do with the text to the right as it feels a little clumsy at the moment, there is perhaps other sections that I am going to put in their such as a forum or a guest book something to where I can easily keep in touch with viewers of the site and they can let me know if there are any problems with it. This will enable me to create a better quality composition on the page and will compliment the image to the left.
When clicking on ‘contact’ it needs too say email in order too clearly state its purpose as at the moment the image just pops up and its unclear about whether or not you can click on it.
A splash page is something that I wanted to do after the web elective was over as I wanted to just get the structure right. The splash page would consist of an animation and given the time constraints I didn’t want to just come out with one page and nothing else, for this page I am going to start designing a flash animation which will set up the theme of the website.
Overall I feel I have achieved my initial aim which was I wanted to create a site that was extremely easy to update and navigate around, there are still a few objects that need re-arranging and I need to scan/print and upload the rest of my portfolio.

No comments: